There are hundreds of newsreaders available today. Whether or not you need this tool for business or personal purposes, you should choose something that works perfectly for you. Here are some factors to consider in choosing a news reader:
1. Cost: There are various news readers in online and desktop formats that are free. Paid versions are mostly used for business purposes. If you want a more advanced tool for organizing and reading content, then perhaps you should go for a paid news reader.
2. Features: Do you need a tool which lets you share the content you have curated on your social networking pages? You need a newsreader tied up with a social management tool for that. If you need something that simply organizes the content and generates a custom RSS feed, you need an advanced tool for that. A custom RSS generator also lets you collaborate and repurpose your articles for future use.
3. Usability: You should choose a feed reader that is easy to use. You should be able to navigate through its tabs and menu functions easily and the user interface should be clean and organized.
4. Privacy and security: Choose a news reading tool that is secure and something that will not share your personal information to others.
5. Versatility: It is important that your RSS tool should be as versatile as possible. Choose something that lets you share the content you curated easily across different platform. Also choose a tool that is able to search content according to keywords, hashtags, podcasts and other forms of online media. It should include photos, audio and video on its search results.
Types of news readers:
- Online: Even though Google Reader, the most popular newsreader was discontinued in 2013, there is still a good number of options on the web if you want to organize your RSS feeds.
- Desktop: The advantage of using a desktop-type RSS generator is that it loads faster, the data you collect is instantly accessible and it is more customized.
- Custom: Some features of paid aggregators have the option to be customized according to your needs. You can choose a news reader that is able to generate a custom RSS that can be distributed in your mobile app, website or social media page.
In conclusion, you should be able to choose a news reader that suits your personal and professional needs. You can choose between free and paid options, as long as it does its job for you.
Nine Options To Grow Your Personal Brand or Business By Getting Great Publicity
Press Releases – How A Press Release Can Benefit Your Website Or Business
Marketing With Social News Sites